Magic Knight Rayearth 2026 Cast ππππ₯°π
Ayane Sakura as Hikaru ShidΕ
Rumi Okubo as Umi RyΕ«zaki
Rie Takahashi as FΕ« HΕΕji
Saori Hayami as Princess Emeraude
Yuki Ono as Zagato
Mika Kikuchi as Mokona
YΕ«ki Kaji as Clef
Emiri KatΕ as Presea
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Ferio
Mamiko Noto as Alcyone
Ayumu Murase as Ascot
Hitomi Ueda as Caldina
Hiroki Yasumoto as Lafarga
Last night, I watched episode 1 of the 2026 remake of Magic Knight Rayearth, and it brought back such great memories because it's the very first anime I watched as a kid in the 90s. As someone who watched the original 90s anime series and even read the manga, my inner child is so happy right now. Not only did they follow the manga's original storyline, but they also kept the overall aesthetic, like those cute little faces and big eyes that scream 90s. They also included the original opening theme of the 90s series, Yuzurenai Negai by Naomi Tamura, as an insert song in the end credits, which is such a nod to the original series. The song is so nostalgic. It's the very first Anisong theme I've ever heard, and Naomi Tamura is probably one of my all-time favorite Anisong singers, who inspired me as a musician and is a major influence on my style of singing. I'm a tenor who can also hit the female range, and I've been singing the song in its original key. The animation is gorgeous and absolutely stunning. The voice cast is top tier, and I'm so happy to know that the three main characters are voiced by my favorite seiyΕ«s: Rie Takahashi as FΕ« HΕΕji, Rumi Okubo as Umi RyΕ«zaki, and Ayane Sakura as Hikaru ShidΕ. The fact that this series aired in my birth month is such a great feeling, and what a great time to be alive.
Fun Fact:
As someone who's also a fan of BanG Dream!, I find a correlation between two of my favorite series, Magic Knight Rayearth and BanG Dream!, given that 2 of the members of Afterglow- Ayane Sakura, who voiced Ran Mitake and now voices Hikaru, and Emiri KatΕ, who voiced Himari Uehara and now voices Presea.
Lastly, Hekiru Shiina, the original seiyΕ« for Hikaru, voiced Soyo Nagasaki's mom in BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!!, and the one who took over as Hikaru happened to be Ayane Sakura, so in a way it really is such a full-circle moment.
#ιζ³ι¨ε£«γ¬γ€γ’γΌγΉ #MagicKnightRayearth




Comments
Post a Comment